App Radio Forums » AppRadio 2 » Android » ARLiberator » Help Desk v » Galaxy S3 Video Snow Problem Welcome back, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Galaxy S3 Video Snow Problem
02-16-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Galaxy S3 Video Snow Problem
I am right there with you RishiB. I have the Allcast dongle sure it mirrors my phone but the lag is killing plus the audio when using it sounds like the sound is coming from a tin can. When I hook up my mhl connector the sound is GREAT but then its the luck of the draw when the snow and black screens come back. Can anyone tell me how to check the version of software on my App 2?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 07:45 AM
In settings, make sure your reversing camera is not turned off. Then on the main menu screen, press the camera icon in the upper right. If the word [CAUTION] is in brackets, it's up to date.

Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
Eclipse ICS 4.04
Webtop 3.00
02-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Re: Galaxy S3 Video Snow Problem
Anyone trying to get an official MHL adapter for the Samsung Galaxy S3, go to the Samsung website to buy it. You can't be sure the one you get anywhere else is legit. I bought one from Amazon, and it was a knock off. I decided to stop messing around and bought my next. One direct from Samsung. The REAL one weighs more on top of all the other differences. Best thing was, with all the other adapters I tried, I got snow. With the one I bought off Samsung's website, no snow. I've used it for about 3000 miles now with no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
02-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi guys,
sorry to bother you but I'm thinking to buy a pioneer appradio 2 and I have a galaxy s 3.
What I need to buy are:
1)the appradio2 Big Grin
2) the app arliberator,
3)the accessories for the android connection
4) the all share cast dongle samsung (or is enough the number 4?)
5) also the gps receiver or is it included?

thanks
02-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Re: RE: Galaxy S3 Video Snow Problem
(02-18-2013 04:03 PM)monkeydrufy Wrote:  Hi guys,
sorry to bother you but I'm thinking to buy a pioneer appradio 2 and I have a galaxy s 3.
What I need to buy are:
1)the appradio2 Big Grin
2) the app arliberator,
3)the accessories for the android connection
4) the all share cast dongle samsung (or is enough the number 4?)
5) also the gps receiver or is it included?

thanks

Get the appradio2. It will come with a gps antenna and connection kit for it.

Get arliberator if you want full control of your phone and everything it uses through the head unit.

If sound quality is not an issue for you, you can go wireless with the all share cast Wireless dongle, but I don't recommend it.

Go to Samsung's website and buy the MHL adapter for the GS3. Getting it directly through Samsung is the only way you can be sure you don't have a knockoff of it.

You'll also need a HDMI cable to connect the mhl adapter to the head unit, and some kind of charger for it as well. I used a car charger for my phone to plug into the mhl adapter. I ended up hard wiring it to my ignition, but you could also power it via a vehicle outlet (how you'd normally charge your phone in your car)

That should be all you need to get running.

Oh, in case you didn't realize it by now, you'll need to root your GS3 and probably use the app triangle away to reset the counter.

I was in your shoes late last year. This forum has been a great help to me, so ask away. We are all here to help each other get the best app radio experience. It took me about 3 months of trila and error, but I'm good to go now and I couldn't be happier!

02-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Re: RE: Galaxy S3 Video Snow Problem
02-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Also, you don't need to buy the connection kit separately if you're going to be buying your own MHL cable, HDMI cable, and USB charger.

That's what would come in the Pioneer android connection kit.
02-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Re: Galaxy S3 Video Snow Problem
Well, there you go. All share cast works fine for some, sound quality. Issues with others. As for the pioneer kit, the only reason I would avoid that is because the GS3 has only been shown to work with the OFFICIAL Samsung MHL adapter for the GS3 as far as I've been able to tell. The Pioneer kit wouldn't come with that.

All share cast. May work for you. It's really hit or miss. I'd suggest buying that wireless HUB direct. From Samsung as well. Just to be on the safe side.

02-20-2013, 06:53 AM
ok guys, I've bought the appradio2 and the allshare cast dongle

friday the installation Big Grin
02-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Update :

I've been through all the options to get this thing working properly. The all share dongle a d mhl cables you name it. This is my 4th mhl cable and like GreenMonster was saying it's hit or miss. I've been trying for more than a month now and it seems this forth mhl cable is working for me so far. We'll see what happens