App Radio Forums » AppRadio 2 » Questions v » Parking Brake Bypass Welcome back, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Parking Brake Bypass
11-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Parking Brake Bypass
I just had the SPH-DA210 installed yesterday, but the installer refused to put in the bypass due to legal reasons (which I guess I understand). However, I'd really like to get the bypass installed because I've already noticed how much of an annoyance it is not to have one.

My question is, if a professional installer won't do it (and I'm not hands-on enough to do it myself), what are my options (if any) for getting the bypass put in? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Parking Brake Bypass
Phone a friend. You probably know someone capable

Read the FAQ, then try a SEARCH before posting questions.

Google Nexus 4 (Stock 4.4.2 ROM with Franco Kernel)
11-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Prerty easy to install. Just three wires. One goes to the green parking brake wire coming from your radio, one to accessory(red) wire, and the other one to ground.
12-11-2013, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 11:55 PM by abeijon.)
I just got my radio today, since I found it on clearance on crutchfield last week.
I followed the instructions on the youtube video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IayD5Iyhbgs

But i find that this isnt working for me- I connected it as directed.
-I hear the click when i select the Android Apps button
-The message shows up that it needs to be in park, off park, and then park again
-->> The way i found how to get around it is to disconect the power from HDMI and connect it again (This makes the relay click again)
I do not like having to do this because it defeats the purpose of having a relay.. i could have just bought a switch

Is there a way around this?? Would downgrading the firmware change the requirement for parking detection??

Should i just spend the $20 bucks on one of these instead?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pioneer-SPH-...23202baf2d

Thanks
12-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Yes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
Eclipse ICS 4.04
Webtop 3.00
12-18-2013, 03:43 PM
I have an SPH-DA210, purchased and installed the bypass for this radio sold on Ebay, (3 wire connection) followed the installation instructions, works perfectly. Bottom line, if I can do it, then anyone can, believe me.