App Radio Forums » AppRadio 2 » Android » ARLiberator » Help Desk v » Samsung Galaxy S3 & Pioneer avh-x8500bhs Welcome back, Guest. Please Login or Register.

Samsung Galaxy S3 & Pioneer avh-x8500bhs
07-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Shocked Samsung Galaxy S3 & Pioneer avh-x8500bhs
Just installed a Pioneer avh-x8500bhs to use AppRadio with my Galaxy S3. I purchased the Android kit so I could plug in my phone to use with the Pioneer, but I cannot get it to work! I purchased ARLiberator also and it won't work. When I watch videos on YouTube, people are just connecting the wire, turning on ARLiberator and it works. Mine does not. Do I have to change settings? What do I need to do? Driving me crazy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 01:57 AM
RE: Samsung Galaxy S3 & Pioneer avh-x8500bhs
Are the basic requirements ok? Look at the FAQ about root, cable...

Did you read the FAQ ? Here
Still running problems ? Click the Troubleshooting-database
07-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Do you have the 11 pin mhl adaptor?
07-07-2013, 08:50 PM
I ordered the pioneer android adapter kit. It has the MHL adapter that a USB & HDMI cables plug into. I do not know how many pins it has in it. I did root my phone also.
07-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Technically it is not compatible with the GS3. You need the genuine Samsung mhl adapter. 40.00 through Samsung.com. Almost everything cheaper is counterfeit.
07-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Sad RE: Samsung Galaxy S3 & Pioneer avh-x8500bhs
Okay. So I purchased and installed the Samsung mhl adapter. I still cannot get the phone and the AVH-X8500BHS to communicate. This is getting more and more frustrating! Sad
07-15-2013, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 02:04 PM by Design.)
Make sure to follow Pioneer's set-up instructions EXACTLY, step by step:
1. Connect the HDMI cable to the X8500 BHS.
2. Connect the USB-to-mini-USB charging cable to a power source (USB-2 on the X8500 or a reputable USB car adapter).
3. Connect the MHL adapter to HDMI and mini-USB cables.
4. Download/install the Pioneer AppRadio and Car Keyboard apps from Google Play.
5. Launch AppRadio.
6. Connect Bluetooth.
7. Connect phone to MHL adapter.
8. Press MODE on X8500.
9. Follow calibration tool (white dots) to sync screen.
10. Download additional apps from Google Play as needed (Waze, Maxthon Browser, etc).

Ongoing connections:
1. Start car.
2. Connect Bluetooth.
3. Connect MHL cable.
4. Press MODE on X8500.

If you can get that far then you are ready for ARLiberator. Use the FAQ linked in post #2 to follow the connection steps.
07-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I got a new MHL connector from Best Buy and App Radio is now working, but the touch screen doesn't work. So what's the point. So I forced stopped App Radio so I could use ARLiberator instead and it state's it's connecting...... but it doesn't connect. I force stopped it. Ran the tests. I was granted super user rights. Tried to connect... and nothing still.
07-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Have you weeded out this being a a possible HU/BT issue? See if the touchscreen responds with AppRadio apps. If no response, try recalibrating your screen. If it the touchscreen DOES respond with the AppRadio app, then it's likely a rooting or ARLiberator issue. GL.